The canton of Basel-Stadt offers support for all people who have recently moved to Basel and still want to learn German.
With the voucher for a free German course, you can attend a whole course at your level. Regardless if you don't speak German at all or already have some knowledge. You can redeem this voucher at various schools, including here at NSH!
When do I get a voucher for a free German course?
The voucher is available to all people from the canton of Basel-Stadt, who:
- are new to Basel and would like to improve their German language skills
- have a type B residence permit
When and for which courses can I use the voucher?
The voucher can be redeemed within the first year you live in Basel-Stadt.
This only applies for the following German courses:
- courses with a maximum of 80 lessons
- courses at levels A1 to B2
- courses that take place in a face-to-face format at the school (the voucher is not valid for online courses)
You can attend the following courses with us:
If you need more information or would like to find out your level of German, come and see us and bring your voucher and your foreigner's identity card with you.
We will be happy to advise you!
For more information, please contact the Basel-Stadt Department of Education
Department of Education Basel-Stadt
Secondary schools and vocational training
Adult Education Unit
PO Box 25
+41 61 267 34 04